2. The collecting purpose and use purpose of personal information
The reason of collecting personal information and the use purpose of personal information is to provide optimum service to the member, and we are collecting personal information needed in order to do so. The personal information provided by the member are used to provide useful information to the members or to provide answer to various opinions requested by members.
3. The range of collecting and collecting method of personal information
Consent to Collection and Processing
Personal Information Collected by the Company
- Collected information: Name, email address, password, nickname, date of birth, gender, country of residence, phone number, email consent status, Service usage record, access log, access IP, purchase history
Collection method: Membership subscription and changes made on the Website, automatic information collection tool, inquiry email, customer service by phone, etc.
4. Use and provision of personal information
- The company may use the collected personal information for following purpose
- Website member management : Identification/identity check for membership service use, etc., prevention of members’ illegal use and prevention of unauthorized use, confirmation of intention to register, limitation of registration and number of registration, delivery of announcement, processing of consultation, etc.
- Provide email service
- Use for survey and event
- Providing contents and customized service, service purchase and fee payment, financial transaction identity verification and financial service, delivery service following product order
- New service (contents) development and specialization, finding out frequency of access, statistics on members’ service use
- The personal information provided by member cannot be used for purpose other than the ones already notified or specified by the company and cannot be provided to a third party. However, there will be exception for following cases.
- In case there is a request from investigative agency, following procedure and method set by law, for investigation purpose
- In case there is a special regulation under Korea’s financial real name transaction and confidentiality related laws, credit information’s use and protection related laws, electronic communication fundamental law, electronic communication business law, local tax law, Consumer Protection Act, Korean Bank law, Criminal Protection Act, etc.
- Based the regulations of Korean law, statistics purpose, academic study, market research, etc
- In case consent from a member is needed, the following has to be stated or announced beforehand, and a member has right to refuse and also withdraw consent at any time.
- Identity of person in charge of personal information management (Affiliation, name and phone number)
- Collection purpose and use purpose of personal information
- Personal information that is collected
- Possession period and use period of personal information that is collected
- Matter related to providing information for a third party
- Member’s right to withdraw consent, and right to request viewing/correction of error regarding their information and ways to exercise the right
- Other regulations set by other laws related to Korean telecommunication network promotion
- The Administrator may delete and/or modify the related information if the personal information, such as email address, is inaccurate and disrupts the quality of Service.
- Personal information voluntarily provided online by the Member can be collected and used by third parties, and the Member shall be held responsible. The verification of personal information for the performance is limited to the person in charge of access (administrator of personal information).
5. Disclosure to Third Parties
- The company does not disclose your private personal information without the user’s explicit consent except in the limited circumstances stipulated under section 4 and in the following instances.
- The user has previously agreed to disclosure of private personal information to a third party.
- When it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
- When necessary to process transactions.
- In the event that disclosure of private personal information is required outside of the above mentioned instances, the company should receive consent from the user and provide the information to a third party for the purpose outlined below in order to provide for the proper implementation of transaction between users Disclosure of private personal information to a third party
- Receiver : Project creator Information
- Provided : Name, ID, mobile phone number, email address, phone number
- Usage : Delivery of reward Holding
- Time : 1 month from time of delivery
6. Consignment of collected personal information
The Company consigns and handles the collection, storage, and handling of the User's personal information to other companies within the purposes for which the User's personal information has been agreed in order to provide better service and convenience to the User.
When Company entrusts the handling of personal information through affiliate marketing in addition to the company entrusting the handling of personal information to fulfill the service contract with the User, the Company shall notify the User of related information in the Website and obtain the consent.
The company entrusts users' personal information as follows.
|Subject of offer||Consignment service||Offered information|
|Credit Card, Deposit Transfer, Mobile Phone Payment||Date of Birth, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Password, IP Address, Depositor's Name, Bank Name, Cash Receipt|
7. The Rights and Exert of the user regarding individual information
- The company always respects each individual right to all information.
- Users have the rights to track the information such as record of visit history, e-signature by his ID as well as error correcting and withdraw a motion, and the company needs to take steps after checking the user’s personal information.
- When the user asks the company to correct the errors, the company does not have rights to use user’s individual information, and should deliver the announcement of the usage.
- When the user may want to browse or modify the individual information, users have the rights to access to the ‘profile settings’ to browse or modify the information after login at any time.
- The user or the user’s legal representative may request correction, deletion or suspension anytime if there is an error or access to the user’s personal information. Such execution of these rights may be exercised right away by contacting via letter, phone or e-mail. If a user requests correction of personal information error, that information should not be used or provided until the correction is made. In addition, if the wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party of the correction process without delay so that the correction can be reflected.
8. Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
The Company shall without any delay destroy personal information after it achieves its purpose of collection of the personal information (Membership termination and/or Unsubscribing from email). However, personal information shall be retained for the period specified for the following reasons in the Company and related laws.
Retention of Personal Information by Company Internal Policy
- Reason for Retention: Prevention of illegal use of rogue members and unauthorized use and confusion of Service
- Retention Period: 1 Year
Retention of Personal Information by Relevant Laws
Related Laws Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Retention Period Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Records on Display and Advertisement 6 Months Record of Contract Withdrawal 5 Years Record on Payment and Supply of Goods 5 Years Records Relating to Consumer Complaints or Disputes 3 Years Communication Secret Protection Act Computer Communication and Internet Log Data, Access Point Tracking Data 3 Months Act on the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Use and Information Protection Record of Identity Verification 6 Months
Period of Validity of Personal Information (Inactive Account Policy)
- Based on the “Information and Communication Network Act Article 29”, the Company shall destroy User's personal information that is inactive for one year or shall store it separately from other personal information.
- The User will be notified in advance by email regarding the contents of the inactive account at least 30 days prior to the date of transition to the inactive account. The relevant personal information shall not be used unless there are special regulations in related laws.
9. Procedure and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
- "MAKESTAR" shall without any delay destroy personal information after it achieves its purpose of collection of the personal information. The destruction of the procedure is as follows.
a. [Destruction Procedure]
User's personal information shall be destroyed without any delay after it achieves its purpose of collection of personal information.
Based on the “Information and Communication Network Act Article 29”, the Company shall destroy User's personal information that is inactive for one year or shall store it separately from other personal information.
- This is so unless otherwise specified by other legislation, or otherwise at the request of the customer.
- The Company shall inform the User of the fact that personal information is destroyed or separated and managed up to 30 days before the expiration of the period and the corresponding personal information.
Member information entered for the use of the Service is transferred to a separate DB after the purpose is achieved and stored for a certain period according to the company's internal policy and other related laws (see Retention and Usage Period) and then destroyed.
Personal information transferred to a separate DB will not be used for any purpose other than retention unless required by law.
b. [Destruction Method]
- The system destroys User's personal information automatically on Member DB that cannot be restored the moment User terminates the membership.
- Personal information stored electronically shall be completely destroyed that cannot be recovered and reproduced using technical methods.
- Personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed by shredding or incineration.
- Members can withdraw their consent to personal information collection anytime by requesting account termination by ‘account withdrawal.’In order to withdraw account, you must submit your name, account email and the email used to sign up along with your intention to withdraw. You can
① post on ‘1:1 inquiry,’
② send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
③ contact the personal information manager of the company via letter, phone or e-mail to get your account withdrawn without delay.
- All users may access or change their personal information by going to your MAKESTAR account settings. All users can withdraw their agreement to providing personal information via “withdraw account” on the account info change section.
10. Technical and administrative measures for personal information protection
- The company will do their best to seek technical and administrative measures in order to prevent personal information from leaking.
- In regards to handling user’s personal information, the company is doing best to guarantee stability by preventing loss, theft, leak, falsification or damage. To do so, the company is seeking technical measures by using security device with password, computer virus prevention device using vaccine program, and encrypted algorithm, etc., and access restriction device with Firewall and other technical device needed to secure stability by using security device that can safely transfer personal information within the network.
- The company limits the employees who can access personal information to a minimum number, is conducting continuous training for following this policy and protecting personal information. Also the company is doing their best by changing the administrator’s password for personal information access changed regularly to prevent illegal leak of information.
11. Regarding Cookie management
- The company uses “Cookie” that stores members’ information and finds them frequently. Cookie is minimal information that website sends to members’ computer browser. When the member accesses the website, the company’s computer will read the contents of Cookie in the member’s browser, it finds rest of member’s information, so service can be provided without additionally entering name, website, address, etc.
Cookie distinguishes member’s computer but does not distinguish members individually. Also, members can have option to adjust web browser options to accept all Cookie, get notice when Cookie is installed, or block all Cookie
How to Clear Cookies (on Google Chrome)
At the top right, click More More and then Settings. > At the bottom, click Advanced. > Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings. >Click Cookies and then See all cookies and site data and then Remove all. > Confirm by clicking Clear all.
By setting web browser options, the User can allow all cookies, confirm each time a cookie is saved, or refuse the storage of all cookies. Please note that refusing to store cookies may limit User's access to some services that require the User to log in.
12. Advertisement information delivery
The company does not send advertisement information for commercial use against members’ expression of intention to refuse receiving. Company’s mailing service may send newsletter or service information guide, or have surveys and events to provide better service and for better expression of intention to refuse receiving, it will be marked on the bottom. The minimum personal information collected for statistics and prize delivery will be destroyed after prize delivery/return (1 month after completion).
13. Personal information management duty and announcement of person in charge
The company has assigned a personal information management personnel who is in charge of receiving opinions and processing complaints. Person in charge of personal information management is as following
**Administrator for Personal Information and Privacy
Name: Yoon Hyungsun
Person in charge of personal information management
Name : Oh Jongmyung
Phone : +82-2-6959-2076
E-MAIL : [email@example.com]